8 Inflammatory Foods That Cause Weight Gain
The food a person eats contributes to chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease. Many foods in the typical Western diet have a high glycemic index also cause an inflammatory effect on the body.
A person consuming inflammatory foods will not only be at greater risk for chronic disease, but also typically find it much harder to lose weight. In fact, inflammatory foods tend to cause weight gain. Symptoms of inflammatory foods are:
- Heart Disease
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Type 2 Diabetes / Insulin Resistance
- Increased Bad Cholesterol / Lowered Good Cholesterol
- Bloating / Water Retention
- Diarrhea / Constipation
- Respiratory Problems (Nasal congestion, Coughing, and Asthma)
- Skin Disorders (Rashes, Acne, Eczema, and Hives)
Here is a list of eight (8) inflammatory foods:
- Sugar (including fruit drinks, soft drinks, syrup, candies, etc.)
- Cooking Oils (including vegetable, cottonseed, safflower, and sunflower)
- Trans Fats (found in fast foods, commercial baked goods, and deep fried foods)
- Feedlot meat (animals fed gains, soy beans, and corn)
- Processed meats
- Refined grains (white rice, flour, bread, pastries, etc)
- Artificial food additives (aspartame, monosodium glutamate, etc)
- Alcohol (beer, wine, etc)
So how does a person break the cycle and move from the typical Western Diet to a healthy diet?
The Amino Diet is the answer! The Amino Diet is a structured eating plan supported by supplements that encourages you to add low glycemic foods to your diet and cut out the foods listed above to assure maximum success and rapid weight loss.
For more information contact one of our Certified Health Coaches toll free at 800-980-7208 or click here to get started!