Black Bean Burger
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 24 minutes
Calories: Approximately 103 per serving / Makes 4
- 1 can organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 green bell pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 cage free, brown egg
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 4 melba toast crushed
- Set the grill on high or preheat oven to 385.
- Put pepper, onion, and garlic in food processor and blend.
- Pour beans in bowl and thoroughly mas until creamy then add in ingredients from food processor and stir together.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg and seasonings together. Then pour into bean mixture.
- Crush up melba toast.
- Separate mix into patties and roll in melba toast.
- Bake or grill for 10-12 minutes or until golden.