Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
240 calories per serving using 3.5 ounces of beef.
- allowed portion of ground steak
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 cup water
- 3-4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- Preheat pan over MED heat.
- Add minced garlic and 1 T of the water to pan.
- Saute 2-3 mins. Be sure not to burn the garlic. Add more water as necessary.
- Increase heat to MED-HI.
- Add ground steak and saute until brown - about 5 mins.
- Add all seasonings and cook an additional 3 mins.
- Continue to add more water as necessary.
- While that is cooking, dice 1/2 of tomato
- place other 1/2 in food processor or blender to puree.
- Mix in tomatoes, puree, and rest of water.
- Turn heat down to MED-LO and simmer until it reaches desired consistency.