Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 3
- 4 pounds lean beef, sliced 1/8 inch strips
- 1/4 tsp stevia extract powder
- 1 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
- 12 cloves garlic
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Place stevia, powdered ginger, garlic cloves, onion, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, and salt in food processor and run until onion and garlic are liquefied.
- Slice beef and place in zip top bag.
- Pour 1/2 cup marinade over beef strips.
- Seal bag and place in fridge for at least an hour.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain marinade from meat and lay strips in a large nonstick skillet, stir-fry beef in batches in olive oil for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add broccoli and peppers to the pan; stir-fry for 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; stir-fry 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Return beef to the pan and stir marinade into beef mixture.
- For phase 2 serve over brown rice if desired.