Jen lost 40 pounds on the Amino Diet... here are her tips for you!
Hey there everyone. Several members of my family as well as several friends are beginning this diet so I thought, since I just finished it and have been doing it for 3 months now so I thought I'd share some things I learned and some things that made it easier for me. I lost 40 lbs on this. I KNOW it works!
Some of the things I did to make it easier for me:
1. I have a George Forman grill. I had it sitting on my counter pretty much the whole time. It made it really easy to cook up my meat and sometimes my veggies without having to go out to the big grill and without having to do it on the stove. This was a huge help for me. If you have another way you want to cook it, great. This is not required by the diet, just made it a lot easier for me.
2. I have a Pampered Chef microwave veggie steamer. (no, I don't work for either of these companies) :-P I used it DAILY! SO easy to get my veggies in. They were cooked perfectly in the microwave for 4 minutes while my meat was cooking in the grill and my meal was done.
3. SPICES are the key to variety and keeping you interested. At first, it's a nice list of food you CAN eat while on this diet. After a couple of weeks it starts getting a little repetitive so if you can use different spices each time, it keeps things interesting. I found 4 Mrs. Dash seasonings that I really liked and you can use them because they don't contain salt. Remember, NO SALT! They were Original, Fiesta Lime (sort of like taco seasoning), Extra Spicy (it really wasn't, just good), and Southwest Chipotle. I also used a lot of garlic powder, lemon pepper, onion powder, cumin, basil, oregano, and thyme. Mix it up and get creative!
4. You know you should drink 64 oz of water a day. I tried to go for 100. I have a 32 oz bottle that I'd try to get 2 of them in by lunch, then 1 more over the rest of the day. (that way I wasn't having to pee all night long) It really helped curb hunger.
5. Stevia. Use it! I would make my own lemonade in that 32 oz bottle each day by putting in some lemon juice and then drops of Stevia. Play with it until you get the right strength for you. In that size bottle, I'd do about 3 big glugs of the lemon juice and then about 22 drops of Stevia. I also used it in a couple of fun "treats."
6. Be prepared!!! I would buy my chicken, ground beef, and lean steak from the store and then go home and weigh it (I bought a digital scale for about $15. SO worth it) and put it into little baggies right then. I would leave about 3 days worth out and then freeze the rest. It would last me for 2-3 weeks! It was great! Then you aren't having to buy meat more often and weigh it all the time. I would keep shrimp in the freezer and just weigh that as I would pull it out.
Click Here To Get Started or call our Health Coaches at 800-980-7208.