Chicken and Peaches
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 firm ripe peaches, sliced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil, sliced
- Season the chicken with the pepper and the salt.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add 2 teaspoons of the oil.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook for 12 minutes, or until done, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest portion registers 160°F and the juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Add the remaining oil and the shallots to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the shallots soften.
- Add the broth and stir to scrape up any brown bits.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the peaches. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until the broth reduces slightly.
- Return the chicken and any juices on the plate to the skillet. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, or until the chicken is hot.
- Stir in the basil.
- You may also want to keep the peaches and chicken separate, as in our photo. It's up to you.